Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Why Another Blog?

Good question. Here's the answer.

I'm on a sort of quest, have been for a few months. I'm searching for God. Or rather, I'm searching for a religion to house my beliefs about God. Currently my search has me knocking on the doors of a Temple in an attempt to learn more about Judaism. I've read a few books and now signed up for an Introduction to Judaism class. As part of that learning experience I am supposed to write daily for a month about my perceptions and relationship with God. I thought about putting these posts on my regular blog, Chrissi's World, but thought that they deserved a separate home, especially if I am going to actually do what I'm supposed to and write every day. Not that the other blog couldn't use a dose of daily blogging, but this way those readers who are not interested in my spiritual stuff don't have to read about it.

For now this blog will be more of a blank journal than anything. As such, I probably won't bother much with the design and layout for now. However I will try to add links, book reviews etc as time goes on. It can serve as my storehouse of religious info for the time being.

I'm going to try to write each morning, and since this isn't morning that excuses me from anything deep or meaningful right now. Besides, I really *should* be working. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment